How can I change my Yahoo Password? There are various ways in which you can change your Yahoo password either on the web or via the mobile app. Hence, in this article, we will show you the procedure on how to change password in Yahoo Mail. In the meantime, the Yahoo password serves as a unique set of identification that allows authorization to your Yahoo email account. Your Yahoo password is meant to be secret and some people expose their password. Therefore, leading to hacking for your email account. Whatever reason you need to change your password, you can find solutions on this platform.
Yahoo Password serves as a security measure and one of your Yahoo Mail login IDs that allows you to log in to your email account. Also, your Yahoo password gives you access to your email account and every other Yahoo service into which your Yahoo Mail account is signed. When your forgotten your password or provide the wrong password in accessing your Yahoo mail account, this actually prevents access into your account. Changing the Yahoo password might require certain information that includes your recovery email and your old password.
How to Change Yahoo Password
Just like I stated earlier, there are different ways on how to change password in Yahoo Mail. You can use the Sign-in Helper, on the desktop or via the mobile app. Keep in mind, the changing of your Yahoo password depends on two factors “forgotten password” or “changing on your account”. Here is the following step:
- Visit the Sign-in Helper page on your web browser.
- Enter your recover email address or phone number.
- Then, click Continue.
- Enter the code or click on the link send to your recovery email/phone.
- Create an new password.
- Visit the Yahoo Login page.
- Enter your username, email or mobile.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign in.
- Access your Yahoo account security page.
- Select the option Change Password
- Create a new password.
- Then, click Continue.
On Mobile App
- Open the Yahoo Mail app.
- Select the option Manage Accounts.
- Select Account Info and click Security Settings.
- Provide a security code.
- Select the option Change password and click I would rather change my password.
Afterward, you can create a strong and unique password in which would be easy to remember but difficult for others to guess. Finally, you can click Continue in other to confirm the change on your Yahoo password.
How to Secure Yahoo Password
In case you’re worried about the security and safety of important documents on your Yahoo Mail account. Securing your account is important and one of the factors in which leads to email account loss has to do with exposing your password or creating a simple password. Here are tips on how to secure your Yahoo password:
- Create a strong password that includes sequence of characters in which you can remember.
- If your password is difficult to remember, you can write down in a safe and secure note.
- To implement extra security on your Yahoo Mail account, you can enable the two-factor authentication.
- Keep tab of your activities on your email account by viewing the login histories.
- Also, keep tab of your recovery information to ensure no change that you don’t know isn’t made.
These are the following tips you implement not only to secure your Yahoo password but also to help secure your Yahoo email account. Plus, you should change your password every 2 months to mock any entry on your account.