Is Last fm still active or how can I sign up for Last.fm? Currently, there are lots of online music streaming platform where you can listen to free music and also download music. This includes Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer, Tidal, and lots more. However, the Last.fm is an online music database where you can distribute your music or songs worldwide. The music website was introduced in 2002 in the United Kingdom and is currently one of the biggest music mp3 players.
On the contrary, Last.fm is an exciting music website that makes use of a music recommender system known as “Audioscrobbler” to recommend thousands of songs and music to listeners. The platform is designed to provide users with music recommendations based on users’ musical tastes or track the users listens to on Internet radio stations, computers or other music player devices. The user’s playlist is scrobbled to the Lastfm music database through other music players such as Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Anghami, and MusicBee or the plugins added to the user’s music mp3 player.
Features of Last.FM
In the meantime, Last.fm music download is an exciting music streaming platform where you can play music, download music, search for thousands of songs from your favorite artist, and also discover new artists. On the platform, you can discover musical bands such as Slipknot, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles. Plus, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Foobar, Iron Maiden, Arctic Monkeys, and lots more on the Last fm. Here are some of the features of the platform:
- Free Account: Lastfm offers you a free account that includes access to thousands of songs and some of the features of the platform.
- Profile: the profile section allows you to build your musical profile through the features offers. This includes creating a personal music collection, songs from Last.fm internet radio, or even Last.fm client. Above all, the platform allows you to create an automatic track logging known as scrobbling.
- Recommendation: this feature is considered as users personal recommendation page which Lastfm suggests music based on your playlist.
- Artist Page: this is an exciting feature whereby when an artist has its songs been scrobbled by at least one or two users, this automatically generates an artist page.
Besides, the Chart and Global Chart allows you to view the most trending global songs on Last.fm from your favorite artist that includes Eminem, Drake, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Kanye West, Lil Uzi Vert, Taylor Swift, Lil Peep, Lil Baby, BTS, Ariana Grande, and lots more.
How to Get Started with Last.fm | Last.fm Music Download
You can join Last.fm either as a new member or as an existing member. Through the sign up process, you can create a free account that offers you access to millions of top music offered by your scrobbles. Use the following instruction below to sign up for Last.fm
To Create a Free Lastfm Account:
- Go to www.last.fm on your web browser.
- Click Join at the top right corner of the page.
- Next, create a username and enter your email address.
- Then, enter your account password and confirm the password again.
- Click the reCAPTCHA icon and also the checkbox.
- Lastly, click Create my Account.
To Login to Last.fm:
- Select the option Login.
- Next, enter your username and password.
- Finally, click Let me in.
In summary, some of the list of supported media players or streaming sites in which Last.fm makes use of to create a recommendation of songs from your scrobbles includes YouTube, Scroball, Xbox Music, SoundCloud, Pandora, iTunes, iPod touch, and iPhone, VLC media player, Spotify, Groove, Deezer, and lots more. Above, the platform allows you to download music for free.